Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby Topeka

I know a lot of you have probably already heard the news. But for those who haven't, we are expecting our third child. I am due August 30. I am now officially in my second trimester and feeling great. We are all very excited. Blake tells me about 10 times a day that my tummy is getting big and asks when the baby is going to come out. (It's going to be a long 6 months.) When I told the kids about it, they immediately started firing off a million questions, including "What are we going to name it?" After a few minutes of going through names, Ethan concluded that the name was going to be Topeka. Now, as I believe I have mentioned before, Ethan is really into maps these days and has memorized all the capitals of the United States. We have a neighbor who has a baby named Lincoln, so since his name is the capital of Nebraska, Ethan thought that we needed to name our baby Topeka, the capital of Kansas. I don't know what the significance of Kansas is, but he was very adamant that that was the name. So for now, we refer to it as "Baby Topeka".

7 comments:

  1. i think ethan has something here, i kinda like the name..haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so excited for you, we will definitely have to get together. Good Luck with baby Topeka~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's so awesome! I would have to agree - I think Topeka could be a cute name :) good luck! Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was pregnant with Gracie, Addy came up with the name Leoda. Obviously we didn't use it, so feel free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ethan is so fun; that's a good name. You could even use it for a girl or a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am liking the name! In these long 6 months...that name just might stick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know yet if Baby Topeka is a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete