Saturday, July 4, 2009

Christmas in July?

I have to post a funny story about Ethan. For those of you who really know Ethan, you know that he has this obsession with the garbage cans. When you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he will either tell you he wants to be a garbage man or a mail man. He gets very excited on Tuesday mornings because he knows the garbage trucks come that day. It's great because he usually takes the garbage cans down to the street for me on Monday nights. When the garbage truck comes, he will walk down the street alongside it and watch it the whole way until it's out of sight.

Anyway, on to my story. I finally got around to ordering a green waste can cause I got tired of the regular can getting filled with grass clippings. So, the other day the much awaited "green garbage" can arrived. Imagine the excitement; it was like Christmas at our house!! It totally made his day. All I heard about for the rest of the day was, "We have a green garbage now, mom" and "Now we can watch the green garbage truck come to our house on Tuesdays" and " I get to put the green garbage out after Family Home Evening now" etc., etc.

Then on Thursday morning I went out to weed the yard. So, of course Ethan was right by my side the entire time because I was using the "green garbage" can for the first time. He was spouting off a thousand words a minute about the garbage can. After about 15 minutes of his nonstop talk about the garbage, I had about had it. I finally asked him to stop talking about the garbage can and talk about something else. He stopped for a minute and said, "hmmm... I'm going to talk about the garbage truck." Anybody else think he's obsessed, or is it just me?

2 comments:

  1. At least he's talking. Whenever he's around us I can't get him to say much. I know he doesn't know us well so that's okay. This story is hilarious, I can totally see him chatting away about the garbage, good story to tell when he's older. Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY understand! Issac talks all day long about the garbage cans (maybe they get the obsession from each other?) and keeps asking me why we can't have a green garbage can...

    ReplyDelete