Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ahhhh!!!





Okay, I know I just did a post about how much I love my boys, and I really do, but sometimes it's all I can do not to strangle them. The other day I went into my room to work on a school assignment. It took maybe 10 minutes to finish up and this is what I came out to them doing. The had laid out all my table cloths around the kitchen, then proceeded to take out my waffle irons, sandwich makers, and electric skillets and fill them with pancake mix, flour, and sugar. They had my skillet full of sugar and flour and had it plugged in, so the sugar was starting to carmelize and burn onto the bottom. And they so innocently tell me, "Mom, we're making breakfast!" It was hard to be mad at them at first because of their innocence, but cleaning it up was a pain, and of course they didn't cooperate very well with the cleanup, so that's when I really did get mad and had to ground them for the day. This certainly isn't the worst mess they've made, believe it or not, and I'm sure it won't be the last, but I just pray that they don't burn my house down one of these days.

5 comments:

  1. ohhhhhh Michelle.....aren't boys fun!

    I hope you don't mind...I got a link to your blog from Missy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I would have been going crazy too. Oh Shelly, there will be a quiet place in heaven for mothers with boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! What are we going to do with boys?! You don't want to get mad, but dadgum...what do they expect!!

    Does the phrase, "it's the thought that counts" hold any water here? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA!!! I didn't know you were a blogger! Oh happy day :) I can't believe how big your boys are! They are so handsome - I have to be honest though - I hear things like this and I'm so thankful I have girls :) Although we have different messes, like broken fingernail polish jars dumped down the side of our toilet making the side dripping with bubblegum pink - oh well, what do you do? At least it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed that you had yourself together as much as to take a picture. Whenever my kids do naughty things I just blow up and clean up and later think that I should have taken a picture.

    It's been too long since I have been around you because I have a hard time picturing you grounding your kids.

    ReplyDelete